Plato BioPharma, Inc. (PBI) is a pre-clinical contract research organization (CRO) delivering robust in vivo physiological and pharmacological data and biomarker profiles to understand compound activity in the cardiovascular, renal, pulmonary, hepatic, and diabetic therapeutic areas. Our work enables our clients, some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical & innovative Biotech companies, to make go no-go decisions more rapidly and effectively.
We are seeking a highly motivated and tenacious individual to join our multi-disciplinary team. With a vibrant culture, PBI offers a stimulating environment to grow and participate in the discovery of therapeutics to treat life-threatening diseases.
Job Summary and Essential Functions
The PBI In Vitro Biology and Biomarker (IVBM) group is seeking a Senior Research Associate (Level 1 or 2) to conduct molecular biology research across multiple therapeutic areas. The position requires a demonstrated ability to perform simple and complex biochemical analyses for measuring cardiac, cardiovascular, hepatic, and renal system organ injury and function. Desired experience includes one or more of the following: Clinical Chemistry, Western Blot, Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), Quantigene Luminex RNA Assays (Single- and/or Multiplex), Meso Scale Discoveries (MSD) Immunoassays, and Histological Imaging/Analysis.
- Experimental planning and execution with adherence to company standards and procedures
- Assist in optimization and validation of experimental procedures, assays, and analyses
- Entering and auditing experimental data and presentation of results
- Timely delivery of all client and internal data as directed
- Proactive communication with team members and the PBI In Vivo Department
- Perform literary and web-based searches of current methods and technologies
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
The preferred candidate will have experience in molecular biology and biochemistry
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related scientific discipline is required
- 3-8 years of laboratory experience – industrial research is preferred
- Demonstrable expertise in immunological assays including Western Blot and ELISA is preferred
- The selected candidate will have excellent planning and organizational skills, and be able to analyze and present data effectively, with a clear scientific understanding.
- Understands and excels in a directed work environment
- Ability to prioritize and complete large volumes of work
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills for presentation of results and delivery of data and required reports.
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize and organize time effectively
- Exercise scientific rigor, accountability and responsibility when performing tasks
- Must actively participate in our collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures.
- Ability to assist with other tasks/duties as needed in a small company environment.
- Adept at data management and interpretation of results
- Level of position and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates interested in the position should send your resume and cover letter connecting your experience to the job requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls and no recruiters, please.