Plato BioPharma, Inc (PBI), a growing pre-clinical contract research organization (CRO) supporting the pre-clinical research needs of the pharmaceutical and biopharma sectors, is seeking a Business Operations Specialist. This exciting position will have the right candidate develop, perform, lead and administer a variety of tasks in the Facilities Management, Logistics, and Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) functional areas for a research laboratory environment. The Business Operations Specialist will require a high degree of internal customer service, precision communication, detail orientation and a range of knowledge and experience in small business & scientific operations.
Job Summary and Essential Functions:
- Responsible for building operations, maintenance and all that relates to scheduling of regular facility maintenance activities and repairs.
- Familiar with and responsible for HVAC system operation, controls and monitoring – temperature & humidity controls, electricity, water and maintenance of equipment; and generators in an emergency.
- Familiar with clean room design and environmental control
- Evaluates, hires and directs contracted service providers associated with facility maintenance and operations.
- Develops policies and procedures for the use of supplies and facilities.
Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S) Administration
- Develop and execute implementation of EH&S policies, procedures, programs, and all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Develop effective communication process to make EH&S priorities and performance visible. This will include and it is not limited to; consistently coaching to be a visible leader on all aspects of EH&S such as accident prevention, safe work practices and environmental compliance.
- Coordinates/facilitates EH&S training requirements including; developing training curriculum, providing training, tracking training, organizing training sessions.
- Develops and administrates Facility and Lab Safety Program, Occupation Health Program, Work Accident and OSHA Reporting
Asset Management & Maintenance
- Develop and execute implementation of an asset management system
- Maintains, schedules and tracks all necessary research equipment maintenance
- Directs the schedule/work of maintenance techs of various kinds who maintain equipment
Logistics, Shipping & Receiving
- Performs all shipping/receiving and logistics activities
- Packages and prepares items for shipping per SOPs including dangerous goods and temperature controlled shipments
- Works with various regulatory agencies to acquires all necessary permits and licenses for import and export of various items
- Carries & answer intercom for deliveries, confirms and records the receipt of shipments
What we’re looking for:
- The right candidate will bring experience in facilities management and/or EH&S and have the desire to learn remaining responsibilities through training and education
- Demonstrated ability to both execute processes already implemented and help to develop new processes as assigned
- Experience working in and understanding the multifaceted needs of a small business
- Ability to communicate and collaborate in an interdisciplinary environment is essential
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines for assigned tasks and projects
- Must have strong organizational, planning and time-management skills
- Exercises independent judgment in developing and standardizing operating procedures.
- Commitment to safety and the humane treatment of laboratory animals is required
What we offer:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Eligible for bonuses and pay increases dependent on personal and company performance
- Personal growth opportunities through on the job experiences in a small growing business
- Varies from typical office environment to a laboratory setting with direct exposure to/handling of laboratory animals
- Non-standard hours and weekend work occasionally required
- At times, may work with potentially hazardous substances
- At times, work will require PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks quickly and efficiently
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to perform all physical aspects required of position including periodic lifting items up to 40 lbs. and moving racks or large items on wheels
Minimum Education / Experience Requirements:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least 5 years of professional experience
- Functional expertise in either Facilities Management and/or EH&S preferred
- Familiarity with lab research facilities and environments including controlled access areas, clean rooms and animal holding rooms preferred
- Experience with pharmaceutical research and development highly desirable
- Demonstrated new process development, refinement, implementation and administration
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook
Exempt full-time 40+ hours a week
Qualified candidates interested in the position should send your resume and cover letter connecting your experience to the job requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position title, level and compensation commensurate with experience. No phone calls and no recruiters, please