Plato BioPharma, Inc (PBI), a growing pre-clinical contract research organization (CRO) supporting the pre-clinical research needs of the pharmaceutical and biopharma sectors, is seeking a Facility Operations Specialist.
This exciting hybrid position will have the right candidate be responsible for Facilities Management, Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S), and Logistics functional areas for a research laboratory environment. The Facility Operations Specialist will require a high degree of internal customer service, precision communication, detail orientation, flexibility and a range of knowledge and experience in small business & scientific operations.
Job Summary and Essential Functions:
- Responsible for building operations, maintenance and all that relates to scheduling of regular facility maintenance activities and repairs during both regular and after hours.
- Familiar with and responsible for HVAC system operation, controls and monitoring – temperature & humidity controls, electricity, water and maintenance of equipment; and generators in an emergency.
- Evaluates, hires, directs and helps contracted service providers associated with facility maintenance and operations.
- Tracks and manages all preventative maintenance agreements for all facility assets
- Proactively conducts minor repairs and maintenance procedures
- Develops policies and procedures for the use of supplies and facilities.
- Conducts all inspections and testing of various facility assets and equipment
- Participates in and helps to develop site construction and architectural design concepts for expansions of existing facilities
Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S) Administration
- Administrates all EH&S policies, procedures, programs, and all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Develops (when needed) and administrate facility wide SOPs, procedures and guidelines to comply with regulatory requirements for contractor safety, control of hazardous energy, electrical safety, emergency action plan, emergency eye wash and safety showers, ergonomics, fall protection, hazardous waste, hearing conservation, hot work, incident reporting and investigation, injury and illness prevention, job hazard analysis, ladder safety, personal protective equipment, respiratory protection, and workers’ compensation.
- Act as the company’s Safety Officer by promoting and ensuring a safe work environment for all employees and visitors
- Develop effective communication process to make EH&S priorities and performance visible. This will include and it is not limited to; consistently coaching to be a visible leader on all aspects of EH&S such as accident prevention, safe work practices and environmental compliance.
- Coordinates/facilitates EH&S training requirements including; developing training curriculum, providing training, tracking training, organizing training sessions.
- Administrates Facility and Lab Safety Program, Occupation Health Program, Work Accident Reporting
Asset Management & Maintenance
- Develop and execute implementation of asset management system
- Maintains, schedules and tracks all necessary research equipment maintenanc
- Directs the schedule/work of maintenance techs of various kinds who maintain equipment
Logistics, Shipping & Receiving
- Performs all shipping/receiving and logistics activities
- Packages and prepares items for shipping per SOPs including dangerous goods and temperature-controlled shipments
- Works with various regulatory agencies to acquires all necessary permits and licenses for import and export of various items
- Carries & answer intercom for deliveries, confirms and records the receipt of shipments
What we’re looking for:
- The right candidate will bring experience in facilities management and/or EH&S and have the desire to learn and lead remaining responsibilities through training and education
- Familiar with a research laboratory facility, clean room design and environmental control
- The position requires the right candidate to “wear many hats” with a strong self-starting work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to both execute processes already implemented and help to develop new processes as assigned
- Experience working in and understanding the multifaceted needs of a small business
- Ability to communicate and collaborate in an interdisciplinary environment is essential
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines for assigned tasks and projects
- Must have strong organizational, planning, time management and project managment skills.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing and standardizing operating procedures.
- Commitment to safety and the humane treatment of laboratory animals is required
What we offer:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Eligible for bonuses and pay increases dependent on personal and company performance
- Personal growth opportunities through on the job experiences in a small growing business
- Varies from typical office environment to a laboratory setting with direct exposure to/handling of laboratory animals
- Typical hours 8am-5:30pm M-F with non-standard hours, evening and weekend work occasionally required
- At times, may work with potentially hazardous substances
- At times, work will require PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks quickly and efficiently
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to perform all physical aspects required of position including periodic lifting items up to 40 lbs. and moving racks or large items on wheels
Minimum Education / Experience Requirements:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least 5 years of professional experience
- Minimum 3 year functional experience in either facilities management and/or EH&S required
- Familiarity with lab research facilities and environments including controlled access areas, clean rooms and animal holding rooms preferred
- Familiar with applicable workplace and safety regulations
- Experience with pharmaceutical research and development highly desirable
- Demonstrated new process development, refinement, implementation and administration
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook
Exempt full-time 40+ hours a week
Qualified candidates interested in the position should send your resume and cover letter connecting your experience to the job requirements to email@example.com. Position title, level and compensation commensurate with experience. No phone calls and no recruiters, please.