Plato BioPharma, Inc. (PBI), a pre-clinical contract research organization (CRO) supporting the preclinical research needs of the biotechnology/pharmaceutical sectors is seeking an In Vivo Technician (IVT) I. The right candidate will be a self-motivated individual capable of working to time-sensitive deadlines while maintaining industry standards in accordance with PBI’s standard operating procedures.
$15.00 – $18.00 an hour, Part-Time
This role is a weekend shift (Saturday & Sunday 4-8 hours each) with potential opportunities for additional hours depending on company need.
Job Summary and Essential Functions:
The IVT is responsible for providing exceptional animal care to the research animals at PBI, including husbandry of animals as well as sanitization and preparation of animal facility and equipment. Technicians are also responsible for performing data collection procedures and providing animal study support with supervision. The IVT will work as part of a team conducting routine procedures required for vivarium operation. Individuals must demonstrate strong communication skills and be able to work efficiently in individual and team settings. Duties are performed under the supervision of the Vivarium Manager.
- Provide food, water, and clean housing to rodents according to SOPs
- Handle and restrain rodents
- Perform daily health observations or research rodents and report abnormalities and signs of illness
- Participate in supervised dosing of study compounds
- Assist with metabolic cage cycling and fluid collection
- Maintain accurate records (e.g. documentation of various facility procedures & metrics)
- Perform routine facility sanitation procedures; maintain a clean, clutter-free facility
- Prepare and stock room supplies
- Monitor and record facility environmental parameters
- Prepare caging and equipment
- Maintain work area in an organized, clean, and safe condition
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for
- A motivated, hardworking individual with a positive work ethic and a passion for working with animals
- Willingness to work rotating weekends, holidays and overtime with supplementary compensation
- Must be able to work in a laboratory setting with direct exposure to/handling of laboratory animals
- Overtime and weekend work as required
- May work with potentially hazardous substances not limited to known /potential teratogens or carcinogens and/or radiolabeled test materials
- Work will require PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks quickly and efficiently
- Accurately calculate and record numbers
- Good teamwork skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to perform all physical aspects required of position including periodic lifting items up to 50 lbs. and moving racks or large items on wheels
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word and Excel)
PBI provides employees a full benefits package including:
- Paid Time Off accrued based on hours worked
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Differential pay for off-hour and holiday shifts
All employees are expected to arrive at work and perform their duties as assigned. Weekend and holiday work is required as scheduled. In addition, you may be expected to work extra hours during an emergency situation or if any unexpected situation arise until work is completed. Overtime opportunities are available.
$15.00 – $18.00 an hour
Minimum Education / Experience Requirements:
- College courses, Associates degree or Bachelors in Animal Science or relevant scientific area are highly desirable.
- 2+ years of work experience in a professional setting.
- Experience working with animals in a laboratory preferred
Qualified candidates interested in the position should send your resume and cover letter connecting your experience to the job requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls and no recruiters, please.