Plato BioPharma, Inc. (PBI) is a pre-clinical contract research organization (CRO) delivering robust in vivo physiological and pharmacological data and biomarker profiles to understand compound activity in the cardiovascular, renal, pulmonary and diabetic therapeutic areas. Our work enables our clients, some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical & innovative biotech companies, to make go no-go decisions more rapidly and effectively.
We are seeking a highly motivated and tenacious individual to join our multi-disciplinary team. With a vibrant culture, PBI offers a stimulating environment to grow and participate in the discovery of therapeutics to treat life-threatening diseases.
Plato BioPharma, Inc. is looking for an experienced Scientific Writer responsible for writing and preparing complex original scientific reports based on the end-of-study results of laboratory activities for clients. This individual writes, reviews, and finalizes reports including all data, technical content, and ancillary information according to client/regulatory requirements and project timelines. They also work closely with scientific staff, and principal investigators to ensure expected client deadlines are met and expectations for quality reports are surpassed.
- Prepares and writes final technical reports for pre-clinical drug discovery studies (in rodents) using own knowledge and expertise with advanced scientific practices and principles, from raw and/or processed data.
- Reports may include components such as executive summary, detailed methods, results and others.
- Prepares raw data and may assemble raw data in intermediate tables and graphs. Resultant data presentation may be incorporated into poster presentations, peer-reviewed journal articles, and other forms of reports.
- Edits, rewrites, and/or prepares drafts, as needed, of designated scientific and technical process documents for project teams and clients.
- Ensures regulatory compliance by integrating various sources of information into appropriate style.
- Edits and formats study documents and scientific reports/client-specific reports as well as proofreading for accuracy, consistency and professional appearance and compliance with scientific report writing guidelines, while still meeting all deadlines.
- Develops specified formats (templates) as required and in compliance with document control procedures and other appropriate policies and practices. Assists in the creation and formatting of technical documents for the company.
- Interacts with Scientists on formatting of report, protocol, method, and summary report documents and maintains the templates for the various scientific and technical documents.
- Spends 10%-15% of time in the lab assisting with studies as needed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Past preclinical technical writing in one or more of our therapeutics areas: cardiovascular, renal, pulmonary, diabetic complications and/or hepatic are strongly desired.
- PhD degree in related discipline (Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, etc.) and at least 5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s Degree in related discipline (Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, etc.) and at least 8 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to demonstrate strong skills in authoring and managing the production of scientific documents (pharmaceutical regulatory documentation and/or publications in peer-reviewed journals.)
- Experience using GraphPad PRISM software is required.
- In-depth experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SigmaStat would be relevant.
- Previous laboratory experience preferred.
- Adheres to Management expectations of production and personal efficiency.
- Good understanding of global pharmaceutical drug development.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data from a broad range of scientific disciplines.
- Demonstrates ability to manage timelines and quality of work using strong organizational, communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills in a cross-functional team.
- Respects the rights of clients and employees; maintains confidentiality in all client and employee matters.
- Works collaboratively with others to maintain a safe environment.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Sense of urgency, flexibility and ability to prioritize or shift priorities to meet aggressive and changing deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and multi-task across functional and organizational groups.
Qualified candidates interested in the position should send your resume and cover letter connecting your experience to the job requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls and no recruiters, please.