Plato BioPharma, Inc (PBI), a growing pre-clinical contract research organization (CRO) supporting the pre-clinical research needs of the pharmaceutical and biopharma sectors, is seeking an Senior Research Associate to conduct rodent in vivo studies in the areas of cardiovascular and renal physiology and pharmacology. The Senior Research Associate will assist with conducting complex pre-clinical pharmacology studies including study setup, study execution and data reporting. The position requires astute attention to detail, demonstrable organization skills, and willingness to fully align with established company SOPs and best practices.
Job Summary and Essential Functions
- Participates in in vivo pharmacology research conducting biochemical screening models, proof-of-concept models for target validation, as well as disease efficacy models to evaluate development and discovery lead compounds.
- Extensive handling of research rodents
- Administration of test agents in rodents via oral gavage (p.o.), intraperitoneal (i.p.), subcutaneous (s.c.), and intravenous (i.v.) routes
- Blood collection (cardiac puncture, tail bleed, retro-orbital)
- Necropsy and preparation of tissue for histology, molecular and biochemical profiling
- Participates in physiological functional testing including, but not limited to, indirect and direct systemic hemodynamics and metabolism studies
- Assists with pharmacology study organization, layout and execution
- Collects, documents, and enters data from experiments for review by scientists.
- Collaborates with supervisory personnel to develop research methods and interacts within research groups by presenting research results to team members.
- Provides support to the vivarium animal care program, to include animal husbandry and occasional weekend animal checks.
- Adherence to company standards, research SOPs and required safety procedures.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with cardiovascular and/or renal survival surgeries and knowledge of pre-clinical disease models
- Must have strong organizational, planning and time-management skills.
- Effective communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills for presentation of results in both written and oral format and delivery of completed reports are required.
- Must actively participate and work well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Shows flexibility and ability to apply his/her knowledge to new areas of study.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; familiarity with GraphPad Prism desired
- Should be adept at data management and reduction.
- Highly motivated to learn and stretch oneself in new areas.
- The position requires overtime, weekend, holiday and/or afterhours shift coverage, as needed.
- Physical Demands: Ability to handle small laboratory animals, sit and stand for prolonged periods, use laboratory equipment and lift at least 20 pounds. Work will require PPE (personal protective equipment.)
- Commitment to safety and the humane treatment of laboratory animals is required.
What we offer:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Eligible for bonuses and pay increases dependent on personal and company performance
- Personal growth opportunities through on the job experiences in a small growing business
Minimum Education / Experience Requirements:
- Requires at least a BS degree in related scientific discipline with 3-8 years of applicable laboratory experience.
- Industry research experience highly preferred
- Previous experience in handling research rodents.
- A basic understanding of integrated physiology, pathophysiology, and pharmacology are essential.
- Understanding of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the scientific field.
- Level of position & compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Exempt full-time 40+ hours a week
Qualified candidates interested in the position should send your resume and cover letter connecting your experience to the job requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position title, level and compensation commensurate with experience. No phone calls and no recruiters, please.